1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Google awarded patent for alternative unlocking patterns in Android

By Shawn Knight · 6 replies
Aug 6, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Android users have enjoyed quick access to frequently-used apps via the lock screen for some time. This allows you to pop into any given app in a few taps as possible – granted you don’t have a pattern lock on...

    Read more
     
  2. Jad Chaar

    Jad Chaar Elite Techno Geek Posts: 6,498   +971

    I always liked that way of unlocking.
     
  3. Dimitriid

    Dimitriid TS Booster Posts: 34   +37

    And what good will that do if Obama can just veto any injunction anyway provided it's against campaign contributors like Apple
     
    Zoner1501 likes this.
  4. ET3D

    ET3D TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,210   +87

    Another bullshit patent. The patent system really needs to stop granting patents for UI design.
     
    Timonius likes this.
  5. They didn't patent UI design, but a way how it unlocks.
     
  6. Another stupid patent. Don't act like its "okay" just because a company you like is doing it.

    I'd wager only about 10% of software patents that have been awarded in the last 20 years could actually be justified. The other 90% is just as ridiculous as Apple's swipe to unlock and this nonsense.
     
  7. NeurotechHD

    NeurotechHD TS Rookie Posts: 61   +19

    Not sure how Apple can lose its patent for Swipe To Unlock, then Google gets this patent confirmed. What is going on? I wish a tech website would investigate this as if they were journalists and explain what is happening here.
     

Similar Topics

Add New Comment

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...