Google - being redirected to another page

Status
Not open for further replies.
:angel: hi guys
am new to this forum so please be nice jst kidding

basically whenever i type something into google it will take me to its results page which is fair enough but when i click on a link it will redirect me to another page such as freshwater.com or some other search engine

i have scanned computer with avg and it found trojan horse Generic_c_BH in file C/Windows/system32/mygkaaaa.exe

so do not know whether this is the file which is causing me problems

also downloaded Prevx nad it has found 3-4 malware but again do not know what to do with this information

please help

jas

xxxxxx

sounds like you have a nasty virus on your system you can try different virus removal programs to try and remove these. but your best be if Format and reinstall and get some proper anti virus software on there.

NOD32 i would highly recommend

Dose AVG give you the Option to delete or remove what it find's ?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of asian_angel only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back