Google brings nutritional information to search results

By Shawn Knight
May 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Google just unveiled a new feature that will deliver nutritional information via search results. Relevant results for more than 1,000 different fruits, veggies, meats and other foods are now at your disposal so you can quickly find out how many...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,088   +724

They are pulling a Bloomberg. Good stuff.
  3. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 783   +85

Wont be of much use in america
  4. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

Different countries will have different definitions in their nutritional information, so what will be the fat content in the UK will be different to that in Australia. Why? How? Who knows, I just know it to be true when you buy products important from overseas and they have the two different nutritional tables.

So, with that in mind, will this service cater for all markets...
  5. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,000   +710

I'm not too lazy to read the nutritional information of the labels of my soda cans, Tastykakes, or Twinkies, (may Hostess Baking RIP), and fast food restaurants have been forced to post that information right at their registers. I simply don't want to know how much fat, or many calories, are in the mushroom cheese steaks at "Leo's" in Sharon Hill, it might ruin my appetite.

But you go there Big Google Brother, good lookin' out....This is something else you'll soon swear that we can't live without you doing for us.

I suppose next Google will try to hijack the take out food industry.
    cliffordcooley likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.