Google Chrome crashes on startup everytime

Doug8765

Google Chrome crashes on startup everytime 04Sep2015.png Hi -
I've attached an image of this crash. Google Chrome crashes when I start it up.

I've uninstalled Chrome and re-installed without deleting the data and with deleting the data; does not make a difference. This started just a couple hours ago, after I ran CCleaner - the browser cleanup program. I've run CCleaner many, many times over the years, so I don't think that was the problem.

I've rebooted the computer a couple times. No effect.
I tried turning off scanning software (Avast Antivirus and Comodo Firewall) but that had no effect.

I'm not ready to say this issue is closed, but I tried a couple things and one of them was to try Canary (which seems to be the next release of Chrome) and now that is running. Weird thing is that was something I tried before I posted here.

Thanks all.
Doug

Hi Learninmypc -
I used the uninstall in Control Panel : Programs : Programs and Features. Just select the program and right click for uninstall. I've never used Revo.

In the aftermath of this Chrome debacle, first I got the next release of Chrome (called Canary) to work. Interestingly, there was a suite of Windows Updates that ran a couple days later and then Chrome ran without problems, so I'm assuming that there was some anticipation of that suite of Windows Updates that was causing my problems.

Doug

Hi Learninmypc -
I used the uninstall in Control Panel : Programs : Programs and Features. Just select the program and right click for uninstall. I've never used Revo.

In the aftermath of this Chrome debacle, first I got the next release of Chrome (called Canary) to work. Interestingly, there was a suite of Windows Updates that ran a couple days later and then Chrome ran without problems, so I'm assuming that there was some anticipation of that suite of Windows Updates that was causing my problems.

Doug
When you say next release, do you mean a similiar browser to Google Chrome? I think this https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6574-google-chrome-64-bit-canary/similar/
answers my question. No problem about not using revo, I've been told it does a more complete uninstall of programs which is why I've used it. As long as Canary is working for you, great. Enjoy :)

Back