TechSpot

Google finally addresses years-old issues related to Chrome browser

By Shawn Knight
Jul 18, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Google is finally getting around to addressing a couple of nagging issues related to its Chrome web browser that have been plaguing users for years.

Read more

2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

This is why I hate the Chrome team sometimes, they put off priority issues...

darkzelda likes this.
  3. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 1,455   +606

On a side note, the new Waterfox (64bit only browser) is lovely.
    It's now my official secondary browser.

4. fl21289

fl21289 TS Booster Posts: 59   +38

They should add the option to RUN programs instead of having to save EVERYTHING!

DuhWookie likes this.
  5. I can see the difference of text clarity in chrome on my 1440p display. Great improvement.

6. Chrome has always been unstable whenever I tried to run it. It crashed, or locked up my systems. I used Firefox with no problems instead.
    It would be nice if Chrome was fixed so that it would run stable, I might use it then. So far, it looks like a Beta version to me.

7. Quite honestly, I don't know why I have to log into Techspot using Twitter or Facebook.
    I would rather not use Twitter or Facebook at all, thank you.

Please arrange this so I can log in with my Goggle ID instead. I would rather avoid Facebook, and have no reason to join it..

8. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,550   +2,894

You wouldn't need a social network account, if you created an account with TechSpot. Then you would have the pleasure of differentiating yourself from the other guest.

9. ypsylon

ypsylon TS Enthusiast Posts: 75   +10

Fixed some bugs and created 50 new loopholes for spying on users, it's Google after all.

10. Oh, but Chrome is SOOO much better than IE...

NOT!

11. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,929   +186

So this means Chrome _finally_ works with DPI settings above the Windows default without creating a blurry mess of everything?

12. Nima304

Nima304 TS Guru Posts: 365   +81

Chrome is far superior to IE. Look at how many security bugs they patched just in this month's Patch Tuesday. IE still has a ton of unaddresses zero-day vulnerabilities associated with it as well. Look up the Use After Free exploit for an example of one of them.

Anyway, here are the notes for Microsoft's July Patch Tuesday for Windows. And I quote:

13. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,550   +2,894

That just means Chrome has that many zero-day vulnerabilities which have yet to be discovered.

14. Nero7

Nero7 TS Booster Posts: 166   +48

Since Opera went full nuts with their next... I dunno which browser to choose. Techspot could seriously make a comparision test whatever I'd be interested into it. Using anything related to Google or Apple... nah I chose my devil... M$.

15. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,387   +106

I've been using the latest Chrome Browser 64-bit DEV no really issues but it's much faster than *32 Chrome which was plague with issues.

16. What about the CTRL+Mouse Wheel zoom issue? Did they address that as well?

17. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,686   +1,877

To the best of my knowledge, you have to do no such thing. And since I have neither a Facebook or Twitter account, yet here I am. I'd say my knowledge is spot on.

You can join, and simply log in, or you can go through the Captcha. You can do a captcha, can't you? Er, maybe?