Google goes mainstream with Haswell-based Chromebooks

By Shawn Knight
Sep 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Google on Wednesday announced a new wave of Chromebooks powered by Intel’s battery-sipping Haswell processors. The search giant revealed the new machines at the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco where they claim new generation models will ship with battery...

Read more
  2. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Why do they keep trying?
  3. Good luck keeping any of your information private operating "in the cloud" now that the NSA is busy dismantling internet security.
  4. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,797   +882

Until Google Docs becomes as functional as MS Word, I will not switch.
  5. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TechSpot Maniac Posts: 488   +10

It is not a Windows replacement... yet Chromebooks are getting native apps I hear. Only a matter of time before there are interesting app made by many developers. Few years maybe after the initial push.
  6. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,596   +79

Might as well make it an Androidbook instead since that works on tablets and smartphone why the push for expensive Chromebooks still. I won't buy one and the Chrome-stick option to turn netbook into a Chromebook still leaves room for error.
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,914   +724

I'm still not sure what a Chromebook is but I suppose it's good news for people wanting to buy a Chromebook.
  8. AlanCasseb

AlanCasseb Newcomer, in training

LOL! Can't see the appeal also.
  9. yorro

yorro TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 244

Because a lot of people do buy them.
  10. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

I guess your definition of a lot heavily differs from mine.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.