Google hijack virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to remove the google hijack virus from my computer. I have a Dell Dimension B110 running Windows XP. I ran the f-secure blacklight program and found nothing. I then ran HJT and got this log

Please help if you can.
Angie

I noticed you have avg9 on your computer. Did you pay for it? If you did don't remove it, but if you did you should remove it and download avira anti-virus, it's one of the recomended downloads here. Also try Ccleaner just to clean up some extra junk you might not want.
Sorry I can't be of more assisstance, I'm not exatly a computer guru, so I'll leave that to our admins :D

I fixed it last night with Combofix after reading through several of the posts on this site. Glad you guys are here because that thing was driving me crazy!

If you require malware help in the future, please don't submit a HijackThis log alone. Follow the steps HERE and then submit the 3 logs for review.

And although we frequently have someone run Combofix, it should never be run without the helper telling you to and giving guidance.Malware help is SPECIFIC for each person and although some of the same programs might be used, the help is for that person alone.

I just followed the directions that the combofix website told me to print out. The program did all the work for me, I didn't have to do anything other than run it. It found the problem and fixed it for me. I don't know what kind of "person specific" help you are talking about because it was pretty cut and dry. I'm just glad to have my google back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back