Google launches Android Wear smartwatch OS, LG G watch available to order today

By Justin Kahn
Jun 25, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Google's wearable tailored OS, Android Wear, was announced back in March and today at I/O the company said the tech is both ready for the public and fully available to developers. While the platform has already been adopted by companies...

Read more
  2. Always with you, always G-Spot
    Jamesbrah likes this.
  3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

They all look generic. If I were to get an iWatch, it would probably be either the Moto 360 or maybe the upcoming iWatch.
  4. Jamesbrah

Jamesbrah TS Enthusiast Posts: 59   +11

Spat water out all over my keyboard, ohhh my sides.
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,341   +1,939

Now why would I spend a fortune on a hunk a junk for my wrist when I can just as easily haul my smartishphone out of my pocket?
  6. OliTheG

OliTheG TS Member Posts: 61   +27

So let me get this right. A SELLING point of one of these watches is that you don't have to turn it on to read the time, although because it's a digital screen it's still unreadable outdoors?

7. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 807   +270

Smart watches are a gimmick, nobody needs them. They focus on showing you everything else except time, which is in the upper corner barely visible. They don't look nice at all, I prefer the looks of standard watches like I.E. Sector, Casio, Fossil and others...They all have nice watches.
  8. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,588   +278

I like how smart phones have become so big that accessory items with screens the size of an old feature phone's screen are being released to save you having to pull the 5inch+ device from your pocket. I'm not keen on having another device that I have to charge every day! If I had to have any device of this type it would be a Pebble watch.
  9. Mugsy

Mugsy TS Guru Posts: 361   +9

If it doesn't have a camera, it won't run ALL Android apps... most notably Skype.

And what would the battery life be like? A watch that must be removed & recharged every eight hours is a non-starter.
  10. Smart phones are a gimmick, nobody needs them. They focus on doing everything else except place calls, which is a tiny icon at the bottom barely visible. They don't look nice at all, I prefer the looks of flip phones like Razr, Messenger, Big Easy and others...They're all nice phones.