TechSpot

Google links redirected and iamfamous.dll

By djandersoncomp
Nov 18, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,

A computer in our house which a number of people use has become infected with some sort of virus. On initially running AVG it detected a virus it labeled "iamfamous.dll" and something to do with WIN32/Heur. A quick Google search indicated its prob quite nasty and it started redirecting my Google links to random pages.

I started the 8 steps as detailed on this website, and removed a number of files as detailed in the attached log files. During the removal of these files, Zone Alarm warned me a couple of times about access attempts something to do with "boot.com" and to 85.255.112.176 and 85.255.112.125. I disconnected my internet and repeated the whole 8 step process again (hence 2 sets of log files) and found another 2 files with Malwarebytes.

Google seems to be working fine again, but I'm not convinced I've completely cleaned it up as a search for "boot.com" brings up an entry with the name resycle in it in regedit. Any chance anyone could have a look at the log files and give me any further advice.

Thanks for any help
  2. djandersoncomp

djandersoncomp TS Rookie Topic Starter

and the other hijackthis log.
  3. djandersoncomp

sorry to seem impatient, I appreciate there's lots of problems and everyones busy, but was wondering if anyone had had a chance to look at my log files to see if there was still a prob? thanks
  4. djandersoncomp

Kaspersky log

I ran Kaspersky and it found another two win32 trojans. how would I go about removing these (log attached)?

Attached Files:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.