Google links redirected and iamfamous.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

A computer in our house which a number of people use has become infected with some sort of virus. On initially running AVG it detected a virus it labeled "iamfamous.dll" and something to do with WIN32/Heur. A quick Google search indicated its prob quite nasty and it started redirecting my Google links to random pages.

I started the 8 steps as detailed on this website, and removed a number of files as detailed in the attached log files. During the removal of these files, Zone Alarm warned me a couple of times about access attempts something to do with "boot.com" and to 85.255.112.176 and 85.255.112.125. I disconnected my internet and repeated the whole 8 step process again (hence 2 sets of log files) and found another 2 files with Malwarebytes.

Google seems to be working fine again, but I'm not convinced I've completely cleaned it up as a search for "boot.com" brings up an entry with the name resycle in it in regedit. Any chance anyone could have a look at the log files and give me any further advice.

Thanks for any help

sorry to seem impatient, I appreciate there's lots of problems and everyones busy, but was wondering if anyone had had a chance to look at my log files to see if there was still a prob? thanks

Kaspersky log

I ran Kaspersky and it found another two win32 trojans. how would I go about removing these (log attached)?

Attachments

• kaspersky log 19-11-08.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back