TechSpot

Google Maps returns to iOS, now with turn-by-turn navigation

By Jos
Dec 13, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Google Maps made its much anticipated return to the iPhone last night, almost three months after Apple replaced it as the default mapping system in iOS 6 with its own in-house maps app. The new app has been built from...

Read more
  2. captainawesome

captainawesome TechSpot Guru Posts: 411   +42

I had just installed and tested it ;) Loving the speed of it!
  3. Cota

Cota TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 521   +8

Google needs to learn to say No :\
    khha4113 and Sourabh Mokhasi like this.
  4. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,676   +510

Ok, I installed it on iPhone, loving it! But where is the version for iPad? It is not anywhere to be found...
  5. Sourabh Mokhasi

Sourabh Mokhasi Newcomer, in training

If google had just said no,those apple loving morons would have no other way to go but buy an android for decent maps..
    khha4113 likes this.
  6. ReederOnTheRun

ReederOnTheRun TechSpot Booster Posts: 310   +62

Your welcome Mr. Cook, please direct all thank you letters directly to the Google HQ.
    khha4113 likes this.
  7. Installed it on iPhone 4 and it doesn't work, that is no map data shows up, just the big blue dot in the middle with the beige screen. Tried rerunning a few times with the same results.
  8. So Apple. Please explain why my iPhone4 couldn't support Turn by Turn in your maps app, buy oh, Free Google Maps supports it as smooth as butter......
  9. Won't install on my iPhone 3G :(
  10. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,452   +620

Very generous of Google.
  11. Yesterday this didn't work on my iPhone 4 (map data never updated), today it works and works very well. The Google Map app is 10 times better than Apple Maps.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.