TechSpot

Google may be planning $99 Nexus 7 tablet

By Rick
Dec 20, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Get your salt shakers ready. According to unnamed sources from Shenzhen-based supplier O-Film Tech (via Digitimes), the Google Nexus 7 may be in for a very substantial price drop. Purportedly, the Asus-made tablet could dip as low as $99, making...

Read more

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,128   +731

$99, wow, that's uh, great. The Nexus 4 is only $350, but of course, that's just what is says on the webpage. Right under the price are the words 'Not in Stock'.

I'd buy one tomorrow for $99... but if they do drop the price this low they'll probably be near impossible to find.

3. Nima304

Nima304 TS Enthusiast Posts: 304   +37

It's a good thing I decided not to buy this just yet, then. A price cut of that magnitude would be incredible.

4. ShadowDeath

ShadowDeath TS Rookie Posts: 51

They may just build one with lower specs to be sold at $100. The lack of HDMI has killed these devices for me.

5. Most likely just the 8gb version. They've already dropped prices on all other models. This wouldnt be any more of a loss.

6. You are one of 1% users that want HDMI. The HDMI is useless for us, the 99% users.

avoidz likes this.
  7. avoidz

avoidz TS Maniac Posts: 454   +54

I'd definitely be interested at that price point.

8. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Enthusiast Posts: 546   +88

At that price point I'd get four. Everyone in the family would have their own.

9. ShadowDeath

ShadowDeath TS Rookie Posts: 51

I can live with that. I want a Nexus 10 for various reasons and that's one of them.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.