Google message "this site may harm your computer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. This morning I went to google.com to search for some random topic. The return from google listed under every webpage title, "this site may harm your computer". I switched users on the computer and it was still there for the google search engine. I have another laptop downstairs and it also has the same issue. The computers are not on the same network, hardwired, but are connected to a wireless router. I then went to yahoo to use their search engine and there is no issue. I was able to go to any website. Is there an issue with google today? Thanks!

From Google News January 31, 2009

Internet search service malfunctioned for nearly 55 minutes Saturday morning, upending users around the world with search results that carried false safety warnings and Web links that did not work.

Skip to next paragraph
Related
Google Statement (googleblog.blogspot.com)The company acknowledged Saturday that all searches produced links with the same warning message: “This site may harm your computer.” Clicking on any of the links led to an error message stating that the desired site could not be reached.

“What happened?” Google explained in its blog. “Very simply, human error.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back