TechSpot

Google offers three months of free streaming music to celebrate Chromecast anniversary

By Shawn Knight
Jul 24, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Today marks the one year anniversary of Chromecast, Google's uber affordable streaming dongle that allows you to push content from your phone, tablet or notebook to your television. It was unveiled during a media event alongside the second generation Nexus...

Read more

2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

I always hate when something is "free" yet you have to put in a credit card just so that they can charge you if you go over... why not just give us a trial that expires...

learninmypc likes this.
  3. psycros

psycros TS Evangelist Posts: 1,324   +711

There are some pretty good fake CC info providers out there for just these kinds of problems. Hunt around.

4. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Sounds too good to be true xD.

5. From the article:
    "What's more, Google is offering all Chromecast owners a 90-day free trial of its premium music screaming service, Google Play Music All Access. The service launched at last year's I/O conference and is one of several offerings consumers can choose from in the crowded streaming music space."

Given the justifiable angst over the need for credit cards to take advantage of a "free service", perhaps we've uncovered the reason that Google Play Music All Access is identified as a "Music Screaming Service."

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,509   +2,056

It's not available in my country yet but even when it becomes available it still won't interest me, I have no need for it.

7. Is it known if the 90 trial can be added to an existing account? It would be nice to go three months without being charge for the service. I don't want to cancel my service and use the 90 trial, because I'm only being charge $8 a month for the service, since I signed up during the promotional period.