TechSpot

Google Play Edition Sony Z Ultra, LG G Pad 8.3, and white Nexus 7 unveiled

By Scorpus
Dec 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Google has today announced three new additions to the device section of the Google Play Store, complementing the small selection already available. Soon you'll be able to pick up a Google Play Edition Sony Z Ultra or LG G Pad...

Read more

2. Sir Alex Ice

Sir Alex Ice TS Rookie

My Nexus 7 2013 arrived yesterday. Unusable, as the touch screen refused to acknowledge any touch, right from the box. Sent it back to Amazon UK, of course.

Now, instead of adding new crap to Play Store, Google should focus more on Asus' quality control or more exactly lack of thereof.

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,423   +822

I feel your frustration but every now and then we all experience 'out of box failures'.

4. I think you don't understand the real issue with the new Nexus 7 2013. I have brought mine at launch time and after those three updates, meant to fix the touchscreen, google issued still mine had an unusable touchscreen. I have sent it in service they replaced the screen and now it's ten times worst. I also complained to Asus service and to the store, they can't fix it. All screens they have in stock have this hardware issue. Google knows this and it is ignoring because it must replace all the devices if to fix for real. Only some people will notice, if you only surf web, read stuff and play silly games you will not notice the issues, however in certain games and application the frustation is way way beyond my patience.
    Hope the next time will do it like a it should be done.

5. Sir Alex Ice

Sir Alex Ice TS Rookie

The 2nd unit, sent as replacement, had the battery connector improperly seated resulting in 0% charge reported. It had to be opened to correct the issue.
    Which begs the question about the 1st one, maybe that one too had a bad connection internally.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.