TechSpot

Google Play now tops Apple's App Store in total number of apps

1. With an overall growth of more than 50 percent, Google Play topped Apple's App Store in total number of apps for the first time last year, according to a report from AppFigures. The Play Store had a total of 1.43 million apps...

Read more

2. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,185   +528

And how much of it is malware and crap?

I want to be happy about this but quantity doesn't mean quality.

3. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,392   +329

Probably 70% in all apple, android etc. all equal.

4. Laf904

Laf904 TS Member Posts: 19

And the proportion of free apps is higher on Google Play compared to the App Store.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,509   +2,056

I never even knew Amazon had an app store.

6. Haha, I like that image. Anyone know who made it?

7. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,682   +86

@Wasted
    Mostly true, I'd slightly change one thing I.e. at least with Apple, there are lot stricter controls in place for app publication, consequently, it 'may' have lot less malware apps compared to Android.

8. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,702   +1,886

I get frustrated trying to decide between themes for Firefox. I can't imagine the complex decision process one must employ to determine which 10 out of 1,430,000. will help to actualize your phone's full potential.

What have we learned here kids? Well, that there are far to many people who can write code, but can't a hold down a real job, or have any truly useful skills to contribute to society.

Too many programmers, and not enough farmers. Oh well, I know what Marie Antoinette would say about this, "let them eat code"...:oops:

Is it still possible to become a programmer after getting a C- in C+? :confused:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015