Google Redirect help? 8 steps completed, logs attached

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, so I have completed the 8 preliminary steps for virus removal, but the redirect virus is still not gone. Could I get some advice here?

What's happening is that when I get to google, clicking on a link takes me to random searches on other search engines and just random sites which then bring up pop ups and crash the internet. I also tried this on yahoo and the same thing happens.
Another thing is that a survey pops up in a separate tab by thewebsurvey.com from time to time.

I actually ran the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware twice, so I have two logs for that.

Thanks so much for any help.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    11 KB · Views: 1
  • mbam-log-2010-01-09 (14-33-00).txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 2
  • mbam-log-2010-01-09 (22-58-18).txt
    869 bytes · Views: 2
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 01-09-2010 - 23-41-25.log
    639 bytes · Views: 4
I'm not sure if I'm not getting a reply solely because I posted an edit to my first post, not realizing there was an edit feature before...and you think somebody already took care of a reply, but I'd really appreciate some help.

In recent news, some virus seemed to have attacked my computer randomly today and was blocking me opening google chrome, so I ran a few of the antivirus software, while some other thing popped up telling me to download the newest virus software. I wasn't sure if that was just a fluke or not, so I didn't accept that...after fixing the threats that my antivirus software found, the programs seemed to be openable, but my google redirect virus still persists.

The following is now fixed by another run of Super AntiSpyware, but might there be a way of preventing such a random attack again? ***Another new problem is that my desktop background somehow got changed to bright green in this whole process, varying in shades throughout the attempt to fix my system. I just tried to change this, and I see that my background picture option is not clickable and stuck on one called "warning" with a chrome sign next to it...The background still changes shades of green after I open or close programs.*** (fixed)

Please, please help as I need my computer for school, especially google as I must research for various projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back