TechSpot

Google redirect problem

By gailk67
Nov 25, 2009
  1. I followed the 8 step process and would appreciate further assistance. My logs are attached. I have been experience redirects when doing browser searches.

2. AnonymousSurfer

AnonymousSurfer TS Guru Posts: 451   +37

Hi gailk67,

You have a couple nasty files on your computer according to HijackThis. Please start up HijackThis again and click Do a System Scan Only. Then check mark the files listing below.

• [*]O1 - Hosts: 91.212.127.227 winsecure2009.microsoft.com
      [*]O1 - Hosts: 91.212.127.227 winsecure2009.com
      [*]O1 - Hosts: 91.212.127.227 www.winsecure2009.com

Next, click on Fix Checked. Then wait for a more experienced member to guide you from there on what you should do next.

3. gailk67

gailk67 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Fixed and awaiting further instructions

Thanks. I did as you said and fixed those three files. I will wait for more information.

4. AnonymousSurfer

In the SUPERAntiSpyware log you had 1 Adware and 1 Rootkit.Agent, did you also delete both of those from your scan?

5. gailk67

Yes. I went into Manage Quarantine items and selected remove on both of them.

6. AnonymousSurfer

Alright, now we just wait for a more experienced member to guide you where to next. I'm not sure if they want you to run ComboFix or another program, so just sit tight patiently.

7. gailk67

Will do. Is this mostly a nuisance problem or is it more dangerous than that?

8. AnonymousSurfer

No, I was accidentally leading people the wrong way when dealing with helping them, so just need to have a more experienced member make sure I am leading you on the right path (which I believe I am) and that the nasty files were removed successfully, which is why I said they may have you run another program just to make sure.

9. gailk67

Ok thanks. I appreciate your help.

10. AnonymousSurfer

I couldn't tell if that was sarcasm but I think you were telling the truth.

11. gailk67

No sarcasm. I do appreciate your help in getting me this far.

12. AnonymousSurfer

Oh no problem. Yeah, before I wasn't guiding them very much and leaving em off a couple steps, but I think I did almost all to all of the necessary steps today.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.