Google redirect turned into something even more severe

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so ive posted this issue on a few other pc help forums and no one can help me out this is my last attempt before i throw my laptop in the garbage.

long story short.... had a malware problem with google redirect so i downloaded a program to stop applications from automatically starting when windows would boot. well when i installed the program and deselected all the software from booting automatically... i rebooted my system to find i was at a log in screen (which i never had before) the password is blank,. i hit enter and it logs me into windows, logs me back out instantly and im left back at the password screen

this happens in safe mode as well, and nothing i do will get past this screen to allow me to fix the damn problem. it literally asks me for a password i hit enter and it proceeds to log me into windows and boot me right back out.

so ive already come to terms with this, and just want to reinstall windows to a fresh install but the problem im facing is that im using an eepc 1000h with no internal drive.... i have an external but when i run bios to detect it first upon boot it wont see the drive. thus i cant boot from a cd to reinstall

what am i supposed to do? this laptop is no more than 4 months old i need this to be fixed!!!!

If you read the stickies by Julio at the top of this forum in order and you follow the directions as spelled out I am sure you will find the help you need.

i cant log into windows at all, so how would i be able to follow those steps?

i literally cant get to my desktop home screen. it logs me right out.

safemode wont work

im using an eepc with no built in cd drive. i need to use an external drive (which i have) but my bios screen wont recognize it so i cant boot from it

any other suggestions? im so lost right now as to what to do next

Remove the Harddrive and plug it into another Desktop computer (as a secondary drive) to scan and back it up there

You can also purchase adapters if you are going from laptop to Desktop
I just quoted something like this here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/post727202-6.html

Actually does this have a Harddrive?
Hmm, you need to get a disk to boot with it I feel

80gb solid state drive

i only have 2 computers both netbooks. so i dont have an option to remove the drive and slave it to a desktop.

i dont care to back it up i just want to do a clean install of windows if thats even an option

looks like my only option is to bring it in and have it looked at and fixed professionally

i do find it hard to believe no one knows whats wrong and knows how to fix this.......

i have an external but when i run bios to detect it first upon boot it wont see the drive. thus i cant boot from a cd to reinstall

what am i supposed to do? this laptop is no more than 4 months old i need this to be fixed!!!!
This is the only problem I see

You need to run Bios Setup defaults, or try another external CD Drive or data cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back