Google Redirecting Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe on the Fifteenth of April I contracted this virus from a website that at first I thought was potentially harmless, because it was a link that was sent by one of my mom's friends. Though, soon after this, active, blank internet windows began popping up, and Google began redirecting me to random websites, and the only way I could really get to them was to copy and paste the address, and directly go to it that way.

I know you guys receive questions about this all the time, and honestly I would not have bothered you again with this problem, but the reason is that I tried to follow a successful removal of this virus, and the two links that would have directed me to the spyware removal programming, Malwarebytes, was not working, so I decided I'd have better chances of removing the virus if I had one-on-one connection with a professional.

I began shutting off my internet connection when I was away from the computer, and now the blank internet windows no longer pop up, which I'm thankful for, but Google is still redirecting me places. I put Norton Antivirus on my computer, but to fully activate it, I would need to click a link that is being stopped, so it put itself on the fifteen-day trial, and now I believe I have thirteen days left.

If you can help me out, that would be awesome. I know my dad will make me pay to get this computer fixed if I can't get assistance online, 'cause technically this is his computer that I'm on now.

Thanks!

Welcome to TechSpot, Cyberphobic. I'll help with the malware. But first, you have to give me something to work with.

Please follow the steps in out Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, paste all 3 logs into your next reply for review. If you have any problem pasting a log, it's okay to attach it instead.

Thank you for replying Bobbye, and for sacrificing some of your time to assist me.

Plans have changed, however, as my dad decided to just take the laptop into the shop. I suppose this is a good thing, however, since the Temp cleaner I was supposed to download to begin your process didn't work, and you probably have larger issues on your mind at this time.

The virus has progressed, though. Active, blank internet windows continue to pop up, and almost every time an internet window is clicked on, the virus disguises itself as a virus scan, so I quickly just close that screen up. The odd thing is that both of the virus protection programs that are on the computer say that the computer is secure, so I'm guessing the virus has found a way around them.

Sorry again for the inconvenience, and hopefully I won't need to contact you again with this same dilema in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back