Google redirects

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post. So please let me know what I need to do to help all who want to help me.
I am having multiple issues like google links redirecting me to odd sites. Also I am not able to open my anitirus (Trend Micro). All it wants to do when I click on it is try to uninstal the program. I have tried to get some help from Trend Micro but all the programs they send to me to create logs don't work (ie HijackThis). I get the pop up that says "Windows cannot the specified device, path or file". Please help me figure this out. Thanks.
Steve

I have tried to download the malwarebytes program and run a full scan, but the second that it starts the scan the program closes. This is happening to Hijackthis and the other system scanner. What do I need to do next?
Thanks
Steve

Just one more thing. I can't reboot in safe mode. It always comes up with blue screen. I also have some problems booting up in normal mode. I have to unplug the compter to get a successful boot up. Thanks to anyone that can help.

Welcome To Techspot Steve! We first need to find out if you can get into the system at all. Did you mean you cannot intentionally boot into Safe Mode- that you get the BSOD when you try?

Are you doing this?
Boot into Safe Mode
  • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
  • Select the Safe Mode option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

If not, please do it. See if you can run the programs in safe Mode. I'd also like some information about your computer and the operating system you're using> make, model, RAM, Windows XP or Vista or other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back