Solved Google result redirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

langum25

Hi guys,
I've got this virus that everyone seems to have.

Can you please have look at my log? your help to remove this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Please follow the steps for the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal HERE.

When you have finished, please paste the 3 logs into your next reply.
The HJT logs alone is not enough to see the malware.

Thanks, I tried to download the malwarebytes programme but i received this message:

Unable to download mbam-setup.exe from mbam.malwarebytes.org

Unable to open this internet site. the requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. please try again.

Logs uploaded. Thanks again

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-04-13 (17-22-46).txt
    949 bytes · Views: 2
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 04-13-2010 - 18-10-48.log
    4 KB · Views: 2
  • hijackthis1.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 2
Bumping a thread in just a few hours is frowned upon. I'm helping others. Patience works really well in this forum.

I took a quick look at the logs and don't see anything obvious. You didn't give much description of the problem. Many problem reported as 'Google Redirects' aren't redirects at all- so I ask these questions:
Since you question a Google Redirect, I'd like you to describe what's happening:
1. If you type a word in the Google search box, and then choose one of the sites that comes up, what happens?
2. Does a different site load?
3. Does any site load?
4. Are the sites the same/different?
5. Are you sure you're not seeing a Google page saying DNS server couldn't be contacted?

Please download ComboFix HERE:
  • With ComboFix, at the download window, please rename it to Combo-Fix(.exe) before downloading it.
    Important! Save the renamed download to your desktop.
  • Please disable all security programs, such as antiviruses, antispywares, and firewalls.
  • Double click on the setup file on the desktop to run
  • If prompted to download and install the Recovery Console, please do so.
    (Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.)
  • If prompted to update, please allow.
  • Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it will produce a log.Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.
Notes:

• 1.Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
    2. ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings.
    3. Combofix prevents autorun of ALL CD, floppy and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security.
    4. CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run.
Run Eset NOD32 Online AntiVirus Scanner HERE
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the Active X control to install
  • Disable your current Antivirus software. You can usually do this with its Notification Tray icon near the clock.
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked, and the option "Scan unwanted applications" is checked
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • Re-enable your Antivirus software.
  • A logfile is created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please include this on your post.
Leave new logs in next reply along with any more information you can give.

Please do not bump this again unless 72 hours have passed without a reply

Hi sorry ive not got back.The problem seems to be resolved.

I only ran the first three files you gave me and they seem to have fixed it.

Is that possible or is the problem still there?

Thanks

s that possible or is the problem still there?

I don't have enough information to answer this. But if you want to stop, I'll leave the following and close the thread:

Remove all of the tools we used and the files and folders they created
  • Download OTCleanIt by OldTimer and save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click OTCleanIt.exe.
  • Click the CleanUp! button.
  • If you are prompted to Reboot during the cleanup, select Yes.
  • The tool will delete itself once it finishes.

Note: If you receive a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding OTC attempting to contact the internet, please allow it to do so.

You should now set a new Restore Point and remove the old restore points to prevent infection from any previous Restore Points.
  • Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools
  • Click "System Restore".
  • Choose "Create a Restore Point" on the first screen then click "Next".
  • Give the Restore Point a name> click "Create".
  • Go back and follow the path to > System Tools.
  • Choose Disc Cleanup> let the files compress
  • Click "OK" to select the partition or drive you want.
  • Click the "More Options" Tab.
  • Click "Clean Up" in the System Restore section to remove all previous Restore Points except the newly created one.

More details and screenshots for Disk Cleanup in Windows Vista can be found here.

The full path is: All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> Disc Cleanup> Let files compress> Choose More Options tab> In system Restore section choose Cleanupto remove all previous Restore Points except the newly created one.[/list]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back