TechSpot

Google says 'mystery barges' will be an interactive space to showcase new technology

By Shawn Knight
Nov 6, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Google has finally broken the silence regarding the mystery barges recently uncovered in San Francisco and elsewhere tied to the search giant. Early speculation suggested the floating facilities might be datacenters in the making but according to a Google spokesperson,...

Read more

2. RzmmDX

RzmmDX TS Guru Posts: 305   +62

No offense, but this seem to be a colossal waste of money to reveal "new" technology.

Unless it is a time machine.

Guess it is time to find a new search engine to use.

3. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

That is what I was thinking.

4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

"The spokesperson did note that it was still early days and things may change, however."

You don't just decide last-minute that you want to shove a datacentre into a building.

5. Smh@first two comments.

6. Yeah unless its mind blowing tech that just came out of nowhere. waste of money to say look at me, look at me! If it is Google glass crap then its a walk around showcasing of augmented reality stuff, which is still stupid to retro fit a barge for. when their done with em, someone can buy em and make a floating house.

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,492   +2,044

It could be a wild party boat which Google will use to entertain Apple bigwigs from which they'll never return. :)

8. Huge mech robots to control population they will come out of there and start killing everyone

9. Looks like they got the idea of a container barge from Portal 2...

I hope they have a portal gun to showcase (its google right?)...

:D :D :D