Google Search Browser Redirect Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a browser hijack problem. It occurs in IE, Firefox and Chrome. It also happens with all major search engines (Yahoo, Google, Bing etc.)

When I click on a link I am redirected to a non related page. I also noticed that many times I first go to http://bu520.com and then redirected.

I have run 8 steps. Any help would be appreciated

FYI: the URL you left is considered unsafe. My antivirus program alerts me and doesn't load the page. If that's an example, it's not a good one.

Multiple antivirus programs:
You're running a-squared. this is bundled with the anti-spyware program. The AV part does not update automatically.

You're also running AVG v8. Please update to v9 if you want to keep this AV and remove a-aquared.
I note that you are running the BlackfishSQL this is an embeddable database which is now a feature of Delphi. You also have an entry for this:
O9 - Extra button: Newz Crawler - {CA7C41C8-5C9D-4A03-A101-B0AA4F0C3ABC} - C:\Program Files\NewzCrawler\News.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Newz Crawler - {CA7C41C8-5C9D-4A03-A101-B0AA4F0C3ABC} - C:\Program Files\NewzCrawler\News.exe

I bring this to your attention because News.exe can also be attributed to the W32/Sysid.worm which was written in Delphi. I recommend you check this as follows:

This Trojan writes itself as "SYSID.EXE" in the following locations if available:
c:\windows\
c:\windows\system\
c:\winnt\
c:\winnt\system32\

I don't see malware in these logs that wold cause a redirect. I am uncertain about what kinds of sites you are attempting to access because of the example you gave.

Browswer Search Redirect

Thanks for the tips, good points on the log.

What was happening after any Google search, when I click on a link, my browser would be redirected to a non related site.

I have since been able to fix the problem.

Well...don't be shy

I've got exactly the same problem on a PC here. When I do a Google search and then click on any of the results, instead of going to the result's site, I get redirected to searchmeup4.com.
So don't be shy, pls share the solution with us so that I can sort out this one too!

Greg, an FYI> just about every malware infection out there is causing a search redirection. People call it the "Google Redirect" because most use Google so the search is through it.

Although getting redirected may sound the same, the cause can be very different and so can the 'fix' be different. And although we frequently run the same programs, what is found and removed is specific to that system alone.

So- whatever helped this member overcome the problem might not be appropriate for your system.

If you would like help with your problem, please start a new thread, describe the problems you're having and follow the steps in the Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you leave the logs, they will be reviewed and the appropriate help will be given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back