Google search results hijacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi-

My laptop got hit with a virus of somesort and is now redirecting all my google search results to all these random iffy websites. I ran the mbam and it found some stuff that I fixed, I also have run combofix and SuperAnti Spyware, and found some issues that I fixed, but the google redirects will not go away no matter what.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Welcome to TechSpot, siennanut. I'll be glad to help when I see the logs.

But I wanted to caution you: Please do not run Combofix unless your malware helper instructs you to with guidance. You can cause more problems

Please uninstall Combofix: Start> Run> type in combofix /u <-Note the space and hit enter

Please update and rescan with Malwarebytes, then Superantispyware. Follow with scan using HijackThis. The link for the steps is above.

Whe finished, attach the logs for Mbam and SAS.

Paste the log for HJT> all in your next reply.

I'll review the logs and see what we're working with.
My laptop got hit with a virus of somesort and is now redirecting all my google search results to all these random iffy websites. I ran the mbam and it found some stuff that I fixed, I also have run combofix and SuperAnti Spyware, and found some issues that I fixed, but the google redirects will not go away no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back