Google SERPs Redirecting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do a Google search.
Get a list of results with links as per usual.
Click on a link in the list, am taken to some other page besides that link's stated address.
Can 'Back' and try again. Usually on the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time, will take me to the appropriate link.

I've run AdAware and now AVG anti-spyware (log attached). Still have the problem. I also have Kaspersky running as well as ZoneAlarm.

HJT log also attached.

This is really, really annoying. Thanks in advance for your help.

Who is your internet service provide because you seem to have some compuserve and some aol software running!!!!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {83C408A7-9D6E-1F85-1C62-D66E4386DB3B} - clamav.dll (file missing)

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - (no file)

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyStartUp] C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Money Startup.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: Free Software - C:\Program Files\TextWiz\hh.html

O16 - DPF: {9522B3FB-7A2B-4646-8AF6-36E7F593073C} -

O16 - DPF: {D1ACD2D8-7312-4D06-BECD-90EB094D2277} - http://mediaplayer.walmart.com/installer/install.cab

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{E91C9CFA-F1C5-4575-9003-4BDA78076AF1}: NameServer = 85.255.114.5,85.255.112.147

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{F7E8A9AE-6860-4DB3-91E5-92A059B433D4}: NameServer = 85.255.114.5,85.255.112.147

O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.114.5 85.255.112.147

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: NameServer = 85.255.114.5 85.255.112.147

Only fix the above 017 entries if they don`t belong to your ISP.

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files. Post back if you still have problems.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of GodKillsAKitten only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

When I go into 'System Properties', there is not System Restore tab. I checked user accounts and I am listed as the Computer Administrator under my named account. Am running XP Home. I have 4 accounts set up, 3 of which are listed as computer adminstrator. Should I only have 1 set up. Is that why I'm not getting the Sys Restore tab?

I`m not sure what`s causing that. Is the system restore tab available on any of the accounts, or in safe mode?

Are you still having problems with search results etc?

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of GodKillsAKitten only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Ok, you should go HERE and follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs along with Smitfraud/Vundofix/look2me destroyer logs.

Howard, I managed to get the system restore tab reactivated by going to registry key HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/SystemRestrore and adding DWORD 'DisableSR' with a value of 0. Apparently some nasty in the past deleted that variable.

Then I was able to follow your instructions, the original ones in your first reply, to the letter, and I no longer have the Search Engine Redirect problem (turns out it was happening on ALL the SEs I was trying, not just Google).

Thanks very much.

That`s great news mate, thanks for letting me Know.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back