Google tests news search site

By prashidi
Mar 15, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. News.com
  2. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,534   +92

Makes news hunting a lot easier, but only if you know what your looking for ;)

Thanks for this info.
  3. lokem

lokem Newcomer, in training Posts: 773

Cool feature from Google. Thanks for the news. I guess this could be my new home page for my browser :D

BTW, are there any legal implications to this "news grabbing"?
  4. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,511   +308

I don't think so, Google will send A LOT of daily traffic to all those websites, so, I don't think anyone will ever complain ;)
  5. lokem

Oh yeah! Forgot about that REALLY important point.. Traffic :D Hopefully those sites can handle the traffic.. Heh...
  6. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

I am sure that most sites will be able to handle it, but I guess you never know. And if there is a problem, I am sure they can be removed from the search. But I think this is a good idea, so you don't have to sift through all the other stuff that comes up when you type in something important in the news.
  7. lokem

True enough. Most of the sites indexed/searched are huge sites. Perhaps Google will be able to open up a new possibility of a revenue stream here.

Wonder how often the news are updated...
  8. prashidi

prashidi Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 89

searches the latest headlines from about 100 news sources every hour, allowing Web surfers to pull up articles from the previous seven days.
  9. lokem

Wow, that's quite a lot. Thanks for the info.
  10. chaplndave

chaplndave Newcomer, in training Posts: 38

Thanks for the info...I use Google all the time...this is just icing on the cake. Thanks again.
  11. lokem

Re: Re: Google tests news search site

It kinda makes you wonder what else they're capable of searching for. They've kinda conquered with the web search, which then included search in PDF files, then came the images, newsgroups and now news from other sites. What else have they missed out?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.