TechSpot

Google to shut down its first social network on September 30

By Shawn Knight
Jun 30, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Google on Monday announced Orkut has reached the end of the road. The service will shut down on September 30, 2014. Some will no doubt be sad to see it go but the majority of people are probably asking, "What...

Read more

2. Google plus is awful. I hate how Google is forcing people to use it if you use any other of their services. Like if you use Youtube, and want to comment or do some other stuff, you can't until you make a Google plus account. Even with them forcing you to use it, it still sucks.

3. abysal

abysal TS Booster Posts: 107   +37

Google+ took off? LoL that's news to me.

4. I use gmail in a separate browser now to avoid it logging into youtube. I wish I could disassociate gmail from other google services. I don't even use google anymore, I use startpage. Maybe I should switch from gmail to startmail as well...

5. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,163   +197

Hey google ceo, name your new social media "giggle+" and pay me lots of money for the idea. :)

:) this.

6. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Haha same.

7. I thought G+ was Google's 1st social thingy,so after reading the heading I was so happy,then I read the article and cried.

8. Google+ took off but mid air exploded and felt in debris... Poor little thing.