TechSpot

Google TV reportedly being rebranded as Android TV 

By Justin Kahn
Oct 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Three years after launching Google TV, reports say the company plans to leave the brand behind in favor of a new, Android focused position, according to a report from GigaOm.

Read more

2. Sounds like a desperate move.

3. Not necessarily. Google's chromecast is the top electronics seller on Amazon. As an owner of Logitech Review Google TV I was a little disappointed. But that is really because I don't subscribe to cable anymore which was what the Revue was designed for.

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,183   +767

Gee... and to think I haven't tried Google TV yet. It's tear jerking.

5. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 881   +231

You would think the Google TV name would be much more appealing then the Android TV name.

6. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,029   +913

I think Google TV can easily overtake Samsung SmartHub. I have a 2011 smart TV and the smart hub is pretty bad. It has changed a ton, especially with the 2013 models, but from my experiences, a Google TV Software upgrade would make it a much better TV.

7. Chazz

Chazz TS Enthusiast Posts: 634   +60

Do you know how many times I've heard this statement(with actual links backing them up) regarding windows phone. It should be the number 1 OS by now if those are the standards.

I think the Android name is much stronger than Google in respects to this market segment.

8. No mater what they call it, it is very cool!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.