TechSpot

Google tweaks self-driving car to tackle busy city streets

By Shawn Knight
Apr 28, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. With projects like Glass consuming headlines as of late, you'd be forgiven for forgetting about another ambitious project that Google is working on. The search giant on Monday provided an update on its autonomous driving project and by all accounts,...

Read more

2. Driverless cars can't come soon enough. I do not have a love affair with motor vehicles. I can't wait until I no longer have to pay attention to mine.

3. I want to know who I get to sue when I get hit by one. :)

4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

What makes you think you'll still be around to sue?

Jad Chaar likes this.
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

The only gestures I've ever seen from cyclists is the extension of their middle finger, and that's only if they're not bouncing off your windscreen.

6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,550   +2,894

The day I read "self-driving cars anticipate an accident and take preventive measures to avoid collision" will be the day, I will start to buy into them.

7. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

We need quantum encryption before self driving cars become a reality. If it is hacked, you are screwed!

8. What a friendly dark windows

9. Will I be able to hitch a tow?

10. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Human-driven cars do that already. :p Automatic braking, automatic steering ..

11. Holotus

Holotus TS Enthusiast Posts: 68   +9

Agreed.