TechSpot

Google updates Chrome with Incognito enhancements and mobile optimization

By Justin Kahn
Jul 17, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Google's latest version of Chrome comes with a few minor enhancements and additions as well as a number of security fixes. Chrome recently introduced some changes to its Incognito mode on desktop and will also be bringing deeper optimization on...

Read more

2. Still waiting for the ever elusive 'home page' setting for Chrome on Android. Not sure why this is such a tough thing to add, most other browsers support it.

3. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,149   +1,424

In the meantime, lots of flash-based web players continue malfunctioning in Chrome. In fact, it is so bad, I have to switch very often to FireFox just to make sure I can use the flash properly.

One big example: videos on www.imdb.com regularly fail to play in Chrome.

4. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

I really wonder how much they changed in the Incognito tab other than a new coat of paint.

5. Guest17

Guest17 TS Enthusiast Posts: 92   +37

If you don't manually delete your cache, you could have over 100mb of temp files on your hard drive after just one Chrome session. The default inability to automatically delete your cache after closing your browser is what makes Chrome a second-rate browser. CCleaner fixes this inadequacy but who wants to run it every time you close Chrome. Firefox and IE have the auto feature, but, since Google wants to data mine your every keystroke no fix it implements will make it anything less than the cyber Peeping Tom it has always been--and always will be.