Google, Yahoo, search redirected to "searchclick10.com". Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

masrat

Hi,
any attempt to perform google, yahoo search redirects me to a site called searchclick10.com. Hitting the back button then will randomly bring other junk sites.
I have done the 8 steps.
I ran all types of anti-spyware virus remover etc. but to no avail. I would like someone to tell me how to remove the files and also explain why malware removers can't catch it.
Thanks
Mike

And the logs? Where exactly are they? Have you run the 8-Step Removal Guide?

Also you seem to be running:
CA Internet Security Suite
Spybot - Search & Destroy
Norton AntiVirus
Although you can only run 1 Antivirus software at a time
Plus none of these helped you anyway. I'd uninstall the 3 of them myself, but you may have paid for one?
Oh Norton requires the removal tool: ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe

I prefer Free Avira Antivirus

Google, yahoo search redirect to searchclick10.com

Sorry,
I did follow the 8 steps. The three files are now attached.
As I have noticed from this forums, the 8 steps don't seem to work for this f****' virus.
why is there a generic fix instruction dedicated to this, how can you help everybody if everyone's case is different. I was just wondering :). Thanks anyway. Waiting for your expertise.

Mikie

As I have noticed from this forums, the 8 steps don't seem to work for this f****' virus.
why is there a generic fix instruction dedicated to this, how can you help everybody if everyone's case is different. I was just wondering
The reason why we just don't post run this tool and run that tool, which may or may not fix it. Is because the logs need to be checked first.
Just indiscriminately posting removal tools, to try to help 99% of users out there, may (and likely will) stop Windows from loading again for most Users

Therefore, we ask for the 3 basic logs, so as to advise on the exact steps, based solely on your personal log results. Which in affect makes it very hard for support to spend their free personal time on helping strangers (or members may be a another better word ;)) As they must read your logs first

BUT, since I have already advised on what to do (above) that's what I expected (too harsh?) for you to do. For your benefit. Seeming that's what I'd do >.<

Kimsland,

I still don't know what to do. I sent my log files, but it seems that you didn't address that. I did post the three files you requested. Even a quick advice will be helpful. Thanks
Mike

Your first (and only) HijackThis log, showed:
Also you seem to be running:
CA Internet Security Suite
Spybot - Search & Destroy
Norton AntiVirus

Although you can only run 1 Antivirus software at a time
Plus none of these helped you anyway. I'd uninstall the 3 of them myself, but you may have paid for one?
Oh Norton requires the removal tool: ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe

I prefer Free Avira Antivirus
You need to follow what I have mentioned
I cannot work from an old log
By the way, I understand your frustration in this, when members have malware on their computer they just want results (right now) But we need to follow the correct procedure to confirm you are safe

If I were to tell you what to do (based on what I'd definitely would do) I'd say this:
Uninstall those 3 programs
Run the Norton Removal Tool
Restart
Download and install then update Free Avira Antivirus (oh I use this one ;))
Run a full (updated) scan, removing all found Virus/Malwares

Start up Malwarebytes again
Update it (it nearly updates once a day now)
Run a quick 5min scan
Remove all found Malwares

Uninstall SUPERAntiSpyware
Restart
Do another HJT Scan and Log File (this is after Restart of course) Then attach it to a new reply

Oh and make absolutely certain that all P2P programs were all uninstalled fully previously (sorry I'm a P2P hater ;))

There you go, that's as simple as I can get :)

Kimsland,
Thanks for your time. I did find the issue after a few days. 1000s of websites have been loaded in my host file. Anyway, I found the solution in bleepingcomputer.com forum. Maybe you can use that to advise others. I know your the expert here :), but this worked, and I still haven't seen anyone that applied the 8 steps successfully to this particular problem. Thanks for your help anyway.
Mike

I'm a member of bleepingcomputer (and really everywhere else) too

They require the logs first (just like us) except they do not want you to do any malware removing scans at all, until they see the logs (usually attended to after a few days I might add)

We have created a "preliminary" removal guide, that contains a few common tools
In reality we should just say we need a log and go from there. Thankfully we at least give members the possibility of quickly resolving the most common issues Virus and Malware.

Issues like Hosts file redirection should not be given in a guide, as many members have placed lines in there manually (I have) which would be lost on a reset of this.

Since you don't mind then see this guide on getting a more secure Hosts file: http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm (Updated NOV-13-2009) Which is good.

It is HIGHLY likely that you still have more issues, but since you don't want to follow my recommendations to remove one (or both) of the two Antivirus programs you have installed, Good luck to you :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back