TechSpot

Google's smart watch reportedly going into production "within months"

By Justin Kahn
Oct 29, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. A report from The Wall Street Journal says that Google's smart watch option could be much further along than some have thought. The report claims that Google is "in late-stage development," on the device and is quickly approaching production. Google...

Read more

2. I can barely contain my apathy.

3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,119   +1,523

I seriously would never be seen wearing one. Even if it was given to me.

4. Based from the picture in this article, it shows the weather..
    so, do we need to pay for "Data" for that "weather" feature to work.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,183   +767

Just like curved phones and Google Glass, I just don't see a future for these things at the moment.

6. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,128   +731

Yes, but the iPod was a revolutionary device worth billions. And the smartphone was a revolutionary device worth billions. No one wants to miss the next one, so they're going to throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.

Until they come out with Marty McFly's self drying jacket and auto-tie shoes, I'm saving my money.

Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,119   +1,523

I would not mind have those myself. haha

8. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,356   +402

Not even remotely interested. But I bet they sell a ton of them to the 14-24 age group.

9. Skidmarksdeluxe

So true. Some of the best inventions (and not just the hi-tech ones) in the world were scoffed at. Let's just see where this leads.

10. Skidmarksdeluxe

I remember an article on these forums a couple of months back about shirts that never needed to be washed or were self cleaning, we all had a good laugh about that.
    Maybe these watches will be indispensable one day but for the time being, I remain unconvinced.

11. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 1,949   +381

Im just waiting for the hoverboard.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.