TechSpot

GoPro camera captures what it's like to drive a Hot Wheels car

By Shawn Knight
Oct 12, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars were – and still are – a part of millions of kids’ childhoods. Much of the fun associated with the pint-sized vehicles involves imagining what it might be like to be in the driver’s seat during a wild off-road adventure, catching some major air or simply whizzing across the kitchen table.

Over the summer, YouTube user 5MadMovieMakers published an incredible “Road Trip” video that involved strapping a GoPro camera to a Hot Wheels car and following it on chaotic journey through backyards, sand boxes and even a swimming pool (thanks to the magic of editing, of course).

Seeking to outdo itself, the channel has now posted a “Hot Wheels Stunts” video in which we’re taken for a ride on a mini car as it performs all sorts of aerial acrobatics. If you loved the previous clip, you’ll surely appreciate this one as well (I know I sure did).

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

2. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,183   +528

The things you can do when you are financially well off.

trgz, Reehahs and hyperspaced like this.
  3. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,555   +2,361

Where's the clip where someone's father steps on the car, swears up a storm, and tosses it across the room?

This sounds pretty salty.

4. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,511   +503

It's not like you will be set a couple thousands off while doing this "crazy" hot wheels roads =P the session is $200 and the sets used maybe a hundred at most?

All it takes is a bit of imagination =)

5. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,183   +528

I know, mostly I kept noticing dat nice house

trgz, Reehahs and hyperspaced like this.
  6. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,675   +779

Correction .... retired, have grandkids with hot wheels, and financially well off ..... or just really good at shop lifting ...... ahem ..... never mind!

7. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,511   +503

Which he could be looking after for someone, or renting, or who knows, on visit and doing crazy hot wheels stunts, I sure as hell won't invite him to my house for that wrecking behaviour!! =P

8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,505   +2,054

You mean "when your folks are well off, you are jobless and have nothing better to do". Nevertheless the clip was pretty cool, well at least I thought so.

stewi0001 and trgz like this.
  9. hyperspaced

hyperspaced TS Rookie

It also captures what is like to live in a million dollar house.

10. Skidmarksdeluxe

I used to experience all that in a 1st person perspective from the passenger seat of the car when my wife used to drive. :D

trgz and Reehahs like this.
  11. yRaz

yRaz TS Evangelist Posts: 1,904   +952

She drove a car through a million dollar house?

Skidmarksdeluxe and Reehahs like this.
  12. Reehahs

Reehahs TS Addict Posts: 170   +70

Don't know what is worse, he is tied financially in both circumstances.

13. Skidmarksdeluxe

Nah, I was just pulling her leg, she was a good driver while she drove. I was just teasing her and she didn't think I would post that comment. :)