Got a new comp, games won't work...

By xTheOnlyx
Dec 24, 2004
  1. Got a new comp, games won't work... please help

I recently bought a new computer, has 512 RAM, AMD Anthlon 2500+ (1830 MHz) and a 70 GB Hard drive, video card is an onboard one, an SiS one: Plug and Play Monitor on SiS 650/651/740/661FX/741/760 Series.

Now here is my problem, I've tried a few games : Alien vs Predator 2, Warcraft 3 the Frozen Throne, and World of Warcraft.

The games either get an error, or the computer just restarts itself all together without any notification, and I try the game again, few mins into it, happens again... This really frustrates me, I contacted the comps technical support and I haven't got any answer yet, so I'm trying here because this is my bros new comp and I just feel really bad for him right now.

I need to know what can cause this, can it be the card? I tried to look for updated drivers, but I don't know what model it is and I tried the site and just coundl't figure it out, I also got dirext x9c. Anyways can the restarting and errors be from the video card? Could it be because the drivers arent updated, if there is an update? Can installing a new video card fix this problem? I really need some help guys...Thanks in advance. All suggestions are welcomed.

Also, now when I try and run World of Warcraft it says:

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #0 (0x85100000)
    Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
    File: C:\build\buildWoW\Storm\Source\SFile.cpp
    Line: 5350
    Expr: block <archiveptr-> header.blockcount.
  2. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,377

Download video drivers here
    But onboard video, especially SIS, is useless when it comes to playing games that have come out in the past few years. You need to get a video card. Hopefully your motherboard has an AGP slot. You can get a decent card for about $60.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.