TechSpot

Got a problem with Vundo (again)

By PonchoPete
Dec 31, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay so I posted up a thread about Vundo on my computer about a week ago.
    One of the Admins told me that it was not a big problem and that Malwarebytes should take care of it.

My system seemed fine for about 2 days and then today it started to restart on it's own because of a "NT" program shutting down and that Windows had to restart it.

Hence I can not scan for more than 10 minutes and that is not enough time. Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Much Thanks
    -PonchoPete
  2. BlkHeartWolf

BlkHeartWolf TS Rookie Posts: 160

No hijackthis log ;)
  3. PonchoPete

PonchoPete TS Rookie Topic Starter

Oh, sorry about that, heres the log.

Thank you for the quick reply, any other advice would help.

-PonchoPete
  4. BlkHeartWolf

BlkHeartWolf TS Rookie Posts: 160

I found one bad one and allot of installed stuff
    this is bad check it in Hijackthis
    O2 - BHO: {e56ceac7-9154-d608-4f34-efe23e14e318} - {813e41e3-2efe-43f4-806d-45197caec65e} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hiyvfm.dll

You Install this?

F3 - REG:win.ini: load=
    F3 - REG:win.ini: run=

O3 - Toolbar: &DownloadStudio - {CB789373-04D5-4ef4-9C16-871463FD0830} - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\WebDLBar.dll

O8 - Extra context menu item: Add Page To DownloadStudio Scrapbook... - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\ds_snap.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Download Image Using DownloadStudio... - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\ds_img.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Download Link Using DownloadStudio... - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\ds_file.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Download Page Using DownloadStudio... - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\ds_all.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Download Selection Using DownloadStudio... - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\ds_sel.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Download Video using DownloadStudio... - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\ds_video.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Show Page Links Using DownloadStudio... - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\ds_link.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Subscribe To RSS/Podcast Using DownloadStudio... - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\ds_rss.htm
  5. PonchoPete

PonchoPete TS Rookie Topic Starter

I installed all the "08"s but the F3 Im not sure. I'll check it off because I don't recognize it.
    As for the O2 I got rid of it. Should I post any new logs?

Thanks again for the help, And Happy New Year.

-PonchoPete
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.