Got new GFX card, Anygood???

By k1n9k00p4
Mar 19, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys, i recently picked up a new PCI-e graphics card from my local computer shop.

Its called Xpertvision GeForce 7900GS
    http://www.xpertvision.com/en/products/nv_pcie_7900GS.html

I payed £108, basically im wondering was it worth the money, and how long do you think it will be a GOOD card?

I should of really asked this BEFORE i picked up the card lol but it seems pretty good, i play F.E.A.R. Combat and Oblivion on maximum graphics.

What are your opinions guys?

Thanks!
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,489   +292

Its a decent card, and if it plays the games you play fine then that is all that matters.
  3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,282   +24

It's a current-gen graphics card and will play almost all the new games out there very smoothly on full graphical detail without problems.
  4. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,623

i.e. until the the DX10 games come out...
  5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Which is the exact reason I used "current-gen". :)
  6. HPCE_Larry

HPCE_Larry Newcomer, in training Posts: 189

yes its a good card and will play anything current very well. It won't be able to play dx10 games, which will be a problem in the future.
  7. k1n9k00p4

k1n9k00p4 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 110

Guess i'll have fork out on a direct x 10 card soon :s

so when do these DX10 cards hit the market? any ideas.
  8. Rage_3K_Moiz

There's already one series out, called the GeForce 8800 series by NVIDIA. ATi's X2800 series is coming in around 2 months.
  9. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,489   +292

Doesn't really matter if you aren't running Vista. But at the Microsoft Launch Event I went to last month, I got the impression that there would be a DX10 for XP at some point in the future, either that or the Microsoft speaker was clueless on the subject.
  10. HPCE_Larry

HPCE_Larry Newcomer, in training Posts: 189

Always a possibility...

The least expensive dx10 card on the market is the 8800gts 320mb. Its a very nice card, and costs ~$300.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.