Got new GFX card, Anygood???

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1n9k00p4

Hi guys, i recently picked up a new PCI-e graphics card from my local computer shop.

Its called Xpertvision GeForce 7900GS
http://www.xpertvision.com/en/products/nv_pcie_7900GS.html

I payed £108, basically im wondering was it worth the money, and how long do you think it will be a GOOD card?

I should of really asked this BEFORE i picked up the card lol but it seems pretty good, i play F.E.A.R. Combat and Oblivion on maximum graphics.

What are your opinions guys?

Thanks!

Its a decent card, and if it plays the games you play fine then that is all that matters.

It's a current-gen graphics card and will play almost all the new games out there very smoothly on full graphical detail without problems.

yes its a good card and will play anything current very well. It won't be able to play dx10 games, which will be a problem in the future.

Guess i'll have fork out on a direct x 10 card soon :s

so when do these DX10 cards hit the market? any ideas.

There's already one series out, called the GeForce 8800 series by NVIDIA. ATi's X2800 series is coming in around 2 months.

Doesn't really matter if you aren't running Vista. But at the Microsoft Launch Event I went to last month, I got the impression that there would be a DX10 for XP at some point in the future, either that or the Microsoft speaker was clueless on the subject.

Always a possibility...

The least expensive dx10 card on the market is the 8800gts 320mb. Its a very nice card, and costs ~$300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back