Government 'must act on e-crime'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maikeru

The government must do more to protect internet users from the threat of e-crime, says a House of Lords report.

The Lords Science and Technology Committee said the internet was now "the playground of criminals".

The report criticised the government's current "Wild West" approach of leaving internet security up to the individual as "inefficient and unrealistic".

A Home Office spokesperson said the government was examining the report and would respond shortly.

"We are firm believers in the internet. It is a huge force for good. But it relies on the confidence of millions of users," said Lord Broers, chairman of the committee that published the Personal Internet Security report.
Click here to get the rest of the article.

What are your thoughts on the issue?

Cheers!

Maikeru Hatamoto

I don't want the internet regulated by governments. Although I imagine that the people doing just fine on their own in the wild west thought the same thing. It is probably only a matter of time before the internet becomes a no fun zone.

Also Maikeru, while I appriciate you and Rilla927 taking the time to bring news here, this place is more of a community than just an RSS feed, so if you could have your own comments on the issues you post on it would make the posts better.

SNGX1275 said:
I don't want the internet regulated by governments.
Also Maikeru, while I appriciate you and Rilla927 taking the time to bring news here, this place is more of a community than just an RSS feed, so if you could have your own comments on the issues you post on it would make the posts better.
Fair enough... :)

I just wanted to make sure people wanted to hear me rant and rave, then I would start adding my comments to the news posts. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back