Government requests for Facebook's user data rise 24% in past 6 months

1. Just a day after the head of the British intelligence and security organization GCHQ accused Facebook and other US tech firms of becoming "the command and control networks of choice" for terrorists, the social network released its latest Government Requests...

Read more
  2. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 609   +109

Yet another reason to stay away from Facebook. Though I do hope they will win in the courts and block these over breadth searches.
    JakeT likes this.
  3. Gamesinner

Gamesinner TS Rookie Posts: 86

It's not rocket science to understand that any medium where people go to divulge there most intimate of secrets and air their dirty laundry will soon become a great place to gather intelligence and evidence. The real question is why people are so stupid to be surprised by this fact?
  4. Why would any one use facebook for illegal stuff.. to many people use it..

just go to myspace you wont even have to hide anything just post it as a status.
  5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

I would prefer to make myownspace, I would never trust my dirty laundry to any social media. Anyone who does is asking for what they get. Governing officials making data request from social media only shows how weak they are with other methods of data gathering. And they are desperate to find anything they can as leverage, even if that leverage is twisting the facts.