TechSpot

Governments disrupt financial botnet Gameover Zeus and malicious software Cryptolocker

1. The US Department of Justice announced yesterday that, over the weekend, a multinational law enforcement operation disrupted two major cyber threats: Gameover Zeus and Cryptolocker. While the former stole banking passwords, the latter locks users out of their own computers until...

Read more

2. Rippleman

Rippleman TS Guru Posts: 559   +171

For 27 million, I would infect machines too :)

3. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 1,657   +309

4. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,149   +1,424

Apparently, you haven't paid one of those ransoms yet to fully appreciate the deed.

5. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Maniac Posts: 817   +231

This is why I have backups of my files on multiple computers and on certain cloud sites, if something like this were to show up for me I would just clear the entire computer and reinstall from scratch. It really doesn't take much time and is an easy way to get rid of this, or could just use a known clean image and use that (again separate computer).

6. Perhaps Evgeniy Bogachev could split the cab fee to Washington with Edward Snowden. Love to see them both.

7. Rippleman

Rippleman TS Guru Posts: 559   +171

nope, but still wouldn't change my mind.