GPU and CPU are 70°C.. Is it dangerous?

Ive recently upgraded to newer case (last one was 8 yrs old) and I am getting cpu and gpu at around 70°C while gaming.. I have intel core i3 4170 and gtx 750 ti windforce edition.. Should I be worried / should I install any fans on case (I can fit 6 of em)

Looks 'ok' - intel says 72C on the CPU - of course lower is better and if you can get it reliably lower you might see some benefit (clear ventilation path, fresh thermal paste, etc).

Bad airflow...failing fan...old thermal paste...if heatsink moved, lack of flat contact with cpu or introduction of air bubbles in the thermal paste...any could result in the CHANGE you noted.

If I had changed cases and it resulted in a 7C to 12C increase, I would look into all of them. Was the gpu temp change as large as cpu temp change?

The intel cpu may be throttling to keep temp at 72C - so I would focus on that as the more important issue.

Well.. I didnt remove cpu off the motherboard when I moved it into new case.. And cpu and thermal paste is half year old.. So only difference I could possibly see is case I guess.. Happy christmas btw!

Case issue....airflow? Follow the ventilation path and try to make it clear. Confirm proper operation of each fan.

Some folks would try checking temps - with side off - and with a bench top build (outside of case) - see YouTube for instruction videos.

Back