GPU is not giving output sometimes

I am frustrated from this weird problem that I have been suffering since I got my new GPU. I am tired of searching on the internet and I even have talked to some experts over here, but couldn't find the solution.

My PC:
Mobo: Asus B85M-Gamer
CPU: Core i3-4160 3.6 GHz

GPU: Zotac GTX 950 2GB

PSU: Thermaltake Bronze 450 watt

Ram: G-Skill Ripjaw 4GB

The Problem:
I have connected my Samsung S19D300 VGA monitor to my GPU via a VGA-DVI adapter. Whenever I turn my PC on, I don't receive the output on my monitor until I have turn on and off my PC couple of times (sometimes it appears on the first go). I don't restart as it doesn't work, so I have to hold down my Power button to turn it off. I checked my GPU in another MOBO and it was fine, and also checked another GPU on my MOBO which was also working perfectly. The problem arises when I put my GPU on my MOBO.

I have already updated the bios of my MOBO and upgraded my Windows 10. All my drivers are even up-to-date.

Please help me T_T

Monitor - vga connector - vga/dvi adapter - dvi cable - dvi connector - gpu. Each step could be the issue. Your test on the other computer means the GPU and the DVI connector on the GPU (and possibly the cable and adapter if included in test) are 'ok'

Make up a troubleshooting chart to isolate the problem

Something like:

Try your system & gpu with a DVI monitor and no adapter
Try your system & gpu with a DVI monitor, another cable and no adapter
Try your system & gpu with another vga/dvi adapter
Try your system & gpu with another vga monitor

The idea is to make a well working system and then focus on the parts which were not in use.

It's a new graphics card that doesn't work with your system. Just return or exchange it for a different model. Hopefully you still have the packaging.

Back