TechSpot

Grand Theft Auto V Travelogue shows new details, screens and a new character

By Justin Kahn
Aug 13, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. This morning Nvidia hinted at a planed PC release for the upcoming Grand Theft Auto V, suggesting those gaming behind a keyboard and mouse may be able to wreak havoc across Los Santos sometime in the Fall, shortly after the console...

Read more

2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,469   +622

Typo -> "This morning Nvidia hinted at a planed "

No idea why this takes so long to get to PC.

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,078   +746

Man. Am I looking forward to this game on PC. :)

4. kuroiei

kuroiei TS Rookie Posts: 39

Finally! Stock in a GTA game! Let me just prepare some stock options and forge some phony merger strategies...

5. Sniped_Ash

Sniped_Ash TS Enthusiast Posts: 126   +36

I've figured for a while that it will come out on PC because so many of the screenshots are high-res with no aliasing and the videos seem way to smooth to captured from current consoles. So either Rockstar has exceeded Naughty Dog levels of console hardware mastery or GTA V is already running on a PC.

6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,498   +306

They were questioned about this and they stated all scenes were recorded real time from the PlayStation 3 version, They also reckon more can be had from current gen consoles!

7. Sniped_Ash

Sniped_Ash TS Enthusiast Posts: 126   +36

Well I'll believe that when the reviews come out. I hope it's true though!

8. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,469   +622

PS3 has HDCP which means you can only capture via component. Which means... no. No 1080p.

9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,498   +306

Well obviously Rockstar will have a dev kit which doesn't have (Or probably can be switched off) HDCP. Rockstar haven't got a rep for lying.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.