TechSpot

Grand Theft Auto V Travelogue shows new details, screens and a new character

By Justin Kahn
Aug 13, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. This morning Nvidia hinted at a planed PC releaseĀ for the upcoming Grand Theft Auto V, suggesting those gaming behind a keyboard and mouse may be able to wreak havoc across Los Santos sometime in the Fall, shortly after the console...

Read more

2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Typo -> "This morning Nvidia hinted at a planed "

No idea why this takes so long to get to PC.

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,498   +2,051

Man. Am I looking forward to this game on PC. :)

4. kuroiei

kuroiei TS Enthusiast Posts: 93   +31

Finally! Stock in a GTA game! Let me just prepare some stock options and forge some phony merger strategies...

5. Sniped_Ash

Sniped_Ash TS Maniac Posts: 253   +108

I've figured for a while that it will come out on PC because so many of the screenshots are high-res with no aliasing and the videos seem way to smooth to captured from current consoles. So either Rockstar has exceeded Naughty Dog levels of console hardware mastery or GTA V is already running on a PC.

6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,919   +685

They were questioned about this and they stated all scenes were recorded real time from the PlayStation 3 version, They also reckon more can be had from current gen consoles!

7. Sniped_Ash

Sniped_Ash TS Maniac Posts: 253   +108

Well I'll believe that when the reviews come out. I hope it's true though!

8. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

PS3 has HDCP which means you can only capture via component. Which means... no. No 1080p.

9. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,919   +685

Well obviously Rockstar will have a dev kit which doesn't have (Or probably can be switched off) HDCP. Rockstar haven't got a rep for lying.