TechSpot

Graphic card fan stops working.

By Mirrorworm
Sep 10, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. I bought new computer 1 year ago and everything went really nice until 10 days ago my graphic card fan stops working at times. At first I didn't know what was going on but I decided to open my case and start playing some really required game like WatchDogs and I noticed this. The fan stops working only when I play games. I updated my drivers but that didn't solve anything. I don't know why this is happening or how to fix it. I can tell when the computer is going to shut it self down because of overheating so I quickly alt+f4 my game whenever I see its going to happen. And I stare at the fan hoping that it will start working on it self again. I try to push it with my fingers but it wont continue. Only after 5-10 minutes pass I can move it with my fingers and it will start spining again.

What do I do?

2. Mirrorworm

Mirrorworm TS Rookie Topic Starter

When the fan is spining everything is working fine. And when it start spining again the temperature goes down fast.

3. tech563

tech563 TS Rookie

Try to clean your fan box and processes fan too. due to dust sometimes these things take places...!