Graphic card for intel 865 gbf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

This is my first post. please inform me which graphic card would be working on my Intel 865 gbf so that I can play call of duty 4

You'd need an AGP card and maybe a new PSU as well to play any new games well. You can find out what kind of PSU (Power Supply Unit) you currently have by opening up the the case and telling us all the information posted on its sticker. Also, if you want a recommendation for a new card (and possibly PSU), give us a budget and the name of the country you're located in.

It would help if we knew what specs u were running...
click on user profile->edit profile n fill out the form.
anyway the 2600xt is a great directx 10 card- <$200 for 512mb
i would double check your system's power requirements tho.

@rage_3k_moiz
where do you shop for pc components online/locally? im kinda nearby but al-ain centre sells overpriced garbage!

Hmm odd, 'cause I've usually found great deals at Al-Ain Centre. In fact, one of my friends recently purchased a Western Digital MyBook 500GB external HDD for 570 bucks. BTW, Al-Ain Centre's the one also known as Computer Plaza right? Anyways, for items you can't find here at all (like good-quality PSUs), I use Outpost.com (also known as Fry's) and Amazon. Worked perfectly for about 5 times so far, with 3 purchases from Fry's and two from Amazon. Also, I use Souq.com to look for stuff and have mostly found new stuff of excellent quality, especially video cards.
And regarding the OP's situation, he needs an AGP card, plus maybe a new PSU.

the 2600xt is an AGP card. look here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102718

@rage
Yes im talkin bout Computer Plaza. I got so sick of the 'haggling' procedures there (i.e. go from shop to shop telling them ur best price so they knock 5 bucks off theirs) that now i jus walk into any shop, write down their best price, knock 30-50dhs off the quote, n then walk back in a half hour later saying this is what 'that other guy' quoted me. and it works too!! so u know their margins are wayyyy up there.
tried gettin a bfg 8800gts from amazon a while back n it gave me something abt 'warranty restrictions to the middle east'
checking out frys now thx!
btw...ur pm inbox is full :D

LOL thanks for the heads up, I'll clear it ASAP. Also, I assumed you were talking about the PCI-E version of the 2600XT, even though you didn't specify anything about that in your post.
About the ordering thingy, if you want, you can set up a Shop n' Ship account with Aramex. They'll give you a US Postal Address you can use to order item from US-only websites like Newegg and ZipZoomFly. Aramex will then ship the item to your current postal address, charging you the appropriate shipping fees. I've friends who've tried it numerous times with good results every time, so if you find a deal you cannot pass up (like the G.SKILL 2GB RAM kit on Newegg), try out this option. However, it can be quite expensive for heavier items like cases, PSUs etc, so bear that in mind and check out the shipping rates first. Good luck and I hope you get what you're looking for.

thats certainly useful. $35 for a shop n ship account but id say its definitely worth it for the number of times i ran into shipping restrictions. thanks!

There is a wide choice of AGP cards but if you put a very powerful one in your system, chances are you might blow the power supply by overloading it. So first post the information on your power supply's sticker by opening up your case. This is what a typical PSU sticker looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back