Graphic Card Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannydy

i'm going to buy a notebook, toshiba brand. currently doing some study on that. Meanwhile i also going to replace my older graphic card.
i found out the difference between Nvidia Geforce 7series and
Geforce 8 series, made a comparation on GForce7800 and GForce8600 GT, they're much different on performance.
7800's performance such as memory bandwidth was higher than 8600, i though the latest version will be on higher performance,isn't.
and i'm wondering that the performance of the notebook's graphic card is same as PC's graphic card.
that's what i hesitating on.
Could anyone give comment.

The 8600 by frames per second is far better than the 7800 however the 8600 is DX10 capable meaning it may look a bit prettier with DX10 games. If you are willing to spend a bit of money and want a true powerhouse look at the new rock laptop with the mobile 8800 graphics chip in it. It is the first laptop with this chip however is quite costly. Check www.rockdirect.co.uk, it is well advertised on there website, i cant remember its name and dont have time to check sorry.
Hope this helps,
Regards

i dont know too much about this but alls i will say is google the **** out of it. i made a mistake of buying the wrong graphics card and almost ended up £56 down. Dont make the same mistake!!!

thanks for that, well the Rock etreme 770 quite expensive.ha, money indeed buy world-class equipment.
i just got a big head, toshiba A200 Spec being attract me, however, the dell inspiron 1520 is more attract, the graphic card was 8600M GT whereas the toshiba was 8400 GS, that's the big difference, especially for gaming. Confusion on making decision.

dell are better laptops than toshiba but whatever you get make sure you have at very least 1gb of ram but get 2 if you can, if the pc will be running vista

if the graphics is going to use system memory (which it probably will being a laptop) make sure you have plenty of ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back