Graphic Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawksley

Hello,

I Recently Borght A Graphics Card For My "Compaq presario SR1909UK"
It Worked Fine With No Problems For A Few Weeks,
I Got Up 1 Morning And Turned On My Computer, It All Booted Fine To Windows Then My Monitor Turned Off About 5-10 Minuites Later,
I Tryed Several Differnt Monitors And Allso Got A Replacement Graphic Card And Tryed That With No Luck,
The Weired Thing Is Somone Told Me To Reinstall My Windows So I Did As Instructed And Everything Worked Fine For Another Few Days Then The Same Problem Happened Again,
I've Had 2 Computer Tech's Look Inside My Tower And They Can See No Problems With It Atall, My Second Guess Would Be "Could It Be A Virus?"

• Computer Works Fine While Using On-Board Graphics.
  • Its Not My Monitor As I've Tryed Several.
  • Theres Nothing Wrong With My Motherboard.

Please Try And Help Me Solve This Problem As I Cant Go Much Longer Using On-Board Graphics.

Thanks For Your Time.
S.Hawksley

it could be a virus but, when you reinstalled windows, did you format the hard drive? If so, then it wouldnt be a virus. I would start with Tmagic's idea on the PSU, then look at ram. do you hear anything coming from the mobo? is the fan over the heatsink running? is the fan in the psu running? Anything coming from the mobo speaker? have you visually looked over the mobo? test your memory with memtest86.Good Luck

Thank You Both For Replying.

Tmagic650, I Will Do As Instructed And Try Another Power Supply,

Spehling, I Did Format The Hard-Drive When I Reinstalled Windows,
I Tested My Ram And All Is OK,
There Are No Noises Coming From The Mobo,
All Fans Are Running.

Every Time I Restart The Computer The Fans Make A Really Loud Noise Then They Carlm Down And Computer Boots Up, I Get Onto Windows Fine Then 5 Minuites Later The Monitor Turns Off, Its Allmost As If Its Over-Heating And Automaticly Shuts Itself Off....

I Will Get Back In Touch After I Try Another Power Supply Thanks Alot Four Your Help,

Again Thanks.
S.Hawksley

I Have Tryed Several Things Including Changing Power Supply Still No Luck, Would Reinstalling The Graphics Card Help? If So How Could I Do This?

Thanks.
S.Hawksley

Does the "Compaq presario SR1909UK" have on-board video? If so, remove the video card, and run off the on-board video to see if the symptom disappears

I Have Allready, I Returned What I Thourght To Be A Defected Graphics Card And Got A Replacement, All Graphics Cards Work Fine In My Computer After I Reinstall Windows Then They Stop Working Roughly 2 Weeks Later....So If I Wanted It To Work All The Time I'de Have To Keep Reinstall Windows, But I Dont Want To Keep Doing That I Need To Find This Problem And Its Very Annoying.

Thanks.
S.Hawksley

I haven't read all the responses that you've gotten but it sounds like you would benefit from a more powerful power supply. Graphics cards often need a boost in power. It would only help your computer in any case. It's not a case of reinstalling the program. That doesn't make sense.It's hardware related.

Graphics

Hi shawksley,

About the same time my pc had same problems you had. Pc not turning on properly. shutting itself off! And just found out niece got same problem around
same time doing exactly same thing!
So I suspect someone invented a new virus to worry about. With this problem
occurring regularly to others at same time!

Oh Really ? I Suspected That In My First Post.
If It Is A Virus And My Scan Results Show Nothing Then This Must Be Some Mega Undetectable Virus.

If You Or Anyone Else Has Any Idea How To Resolve The Problem Please Reply.

Thank You.
S.Hawksley

So I suspect someone invented a new virus to worry about. With this problem
occurring regularly to others at same time!
I don't.

So you replaced your card and your power supply, but that hasn't worked. Running on integrated works, and the computer runs fine otherwise.

Can you mention specifics about your power supply and graphics card? I don't think this is a power problem, those usually result in a BSOD rather than a blank monitor. Try to check your cables, however unlikely.

Graphics

Hi Shawksley,

well there will always be different opinions! But My niece blank screen is on her laptop not a pc! So no cables to worry about & not upgraded in anyway. Mine was on a pc- same goes regarding upgrades! Both manufacture standard parts. So why they both ended up with the same problemaround the same time if not a virus beats me!?

Maybe go back to basics use your restore cd but first reformat the drive to clean it of any infections. or buy a new pc like I did!

Thank you for your replys,
-hellokitty[hk]-
I Have No Infomation On The New Power supply As A Teck Fitted It For me.
The Graphics Card I Believe To Be "Gigabyte 2-Ball Bearing Zalman - GV-NX79T256DP-RH

I Have Also Ruled Out The Motherboard As I Had A Replacement Fitted.

-SteveR-
I Have Restored My Computer A Number Of Time's And Have Reinstalled Windows Countless Times, I Have Also Replaced Just About Everything In My Computer Not Including My Hard drive,

Although When I Reinstall Windows My Graphics Card Works For A Max Of 2 Weeks At A Time...So In Other Words I Have To Keep Reinstalling My Computer Just To Use My Graphics Card Instead Of The On-board

Thank You.
S.Hawksley

Hi Shawksley

Got your reply! Its the hard drive where virus's attack and hide. so keeping your hard drive [if it is a virus] would mean you've changed everything but the very thing you should have changed.
Plus reinstalling windows no matters how many times would not necessarily get rid of the virus on a computer! You need to "Reformat" the hard drive before reinstalling windows. Doing so should then wipe clean any viruses by removing ALL data and virus info.

Yeah I Did Reformat Unfortunately A Number Of Times And Lost All My Office Work As I Forgot To Back Up Data..

If This Really Is A Virus Someone Should Report The Matter To All The Major Anti Virus Producers As Its Getting Way Out Of Hand,
If Its Not A Virus Then I Wil Buy My 3rd Computer In The Last 2 Month..Due To This Matter,

The Only Other Thing I Could Think Of Is If The Power Socket Im Using Is Faulty And Is Feeding Too Much Power..

Thank You.
S.Hawksley.

Same problem

I think you might be on to something here, I've been having the same problem as of a few days ago, and no luck at all coming up with a solution just yet. If it is a virus, I hope they figure this out soon before I have to drop the money on a new pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back