TechSpot

Graphic Card Problem

By Collusion
Jul 30, 2007
  1. Hi all, I have a big problem with my graphic card, I am getting green dotted lines all over my screen, I'll start by telling you how and when it happened. I got the card 6 months ago and it is a Radeon X1650 card. I was playing Counter Strike Source the other night when the game crashed, I tried to ctrl + alt + delete out but I had no luck, then I tried to alt + tab out but it still didn't work, so I rebooted and when the screen came on it had green dotted lines all over, I uninstalled the video driver and found that stopped the problem, but I can no longer play any games and web pages load slowly, I opened it up the case and cleaned the card as well as I could, and made sure the fan was spinning when I turned the pc on, but still no luck. If anybody could help me by suggesting a suggestion/cause it would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I also tested my computer with my other monitor and it did the same thing

Thanks in advance :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.