TechSpot

Graphic Issues w/ PC games!

By pronetoboredom
May 5, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've swapped my video card from a GeForce 6600 to a GeForce 7800 GS (both AGP), power supply from an Antec 400w 29A on 12volt to an Antec 450w 38a on 12volt and the graphics still aren't working! I've updated all my drivers. I've patched the game. I've set the graphic options on Very Low and resolution at 800x600, still nothing! My computer passed all of the minimum requirements to run the game. And this also happens with other games (Company of Heroes, Medieval II: Total War). I can run Guild Wars and WoW without any problems. I've included some screenshots of the game Command & Conquer 3. Please help! Any suggestions will be appreciated. I'm running out of ideas!

I have a:
    Pentium 4 2.4Ghz
    ECS Mobo P4VXASD2+
    1Gig Ram
    GeForce 6600
    Windows XP Pro

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6158594/index.html?cpage=1

Good advice there.

You need to ensure your comp is COOL and CLEAN as well.

The more things your cpu has to deal with in the background, the harder things get.

You are at a crossroads for memory - if you're gonna keep that rig another year or two, buy another gig - it is cheap now.

:)

3. GameJunkie72792

GameJunkie72792 TS Maniac Posts: 357

my ati x700 did that after i messed with some anti alaising settings, perhaps thats it

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.