Graphic Issues while playing Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cletus22

Just bought a new computer. It has 2 gigs of ram, AMD Duo 4600 processor, widows vista, it HAD an integrated geforce card, but I bought a GEFORCE 6200 OC with 256 ram. Yet when I try to play oblivion, the first intro movie skips a lot, and the character customization screen flickers like crazy. Eventually the game just freezes up. Ive tried both highest and lowest qualities, same results. I'm over the required specs, I don't understand why im getting these problems, anyone have a clue??

Welcome to Techspot cletus22 :wave: ! First off, the GeForce 6200 is a bottom of the line card; that's one thing. Second, read my guide in my signature and tell us your power supply. Third, do you have the latest nVidia drivers?

300 Watt power supply, no access to internet at computers location, so it has the drivers it came with.

That's more than likely the problem. You need the latest Forceware drivers i.e. v93.71. I'm assuming you have XP?

No, vista. When I removed the integrated video card I only went into device manager, and I heard that you need to remove from BIOS too, unsure how that is done

You have to disable the integrated card from the BIOS. Try pressing F12 or Delete while the PC is POSTing and you'll be brought to the CMOS screen. Search there for an option called Integrated VGA or something like that and set it to disabled. Also, try getting the latest WHQL-certified Forceware drivers for Vista from NVIDIA's site. Get a friend to download it or something like that.

Just got back from my apartment where the computer is. It is even having problems with onboard games such as chess, it locks up when someone makes a move. I went into the BIOS, but didnt know what to disable heh. Well now I do, so ill go try that thanks.

Ok now, ive gotten the latest drivers for the video card, recomended by BFG tech support. Still cant even manage to get solitaire to play. Every action causes a lockup, then a black screen, then I get an error message saying "Display driver (name of driver) stopped responding and has successfully recovered". About the BIOS, does anyone know exactly what you need to disable to get rid of the intergrated graphics card? (im running on vista premium)

im giving up on it, it is a terrible video card any ways from what i hear. I think ill return it to bestbuy get my money, and order a power supply and something like a geforce 7600. Sad that this 6200 was 158$, and 7600's i see are cheaper

Good Luck :wave: ! The 6200 OC isn't a terrible card, it's not the greatest solution for gamers, but it's nowhere near terrible. There are pretty high chances (like 5%) that you'll recieve a bad card in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back