Graphic or sound card

demetrish3

Hello,
i want to have great video and sound quality.
i was wondering which is more simple, to change the sound card (my motherbord has only the analog output) to a new one which would have an optical or coaxial or to buy a new Graphic Card with HDMI output. all these are for my pc to be connected to my AV receiver.
Just sound with an optical Sound card or video&audio with an HDMI cable.

Till now i'm using Dvi-Hdmi cable. the screen is great in my Samsung HDTv but in my Sony HDtv something is wrong. with some resolution settings some parts of the screens are lost(like zoom in). if i change the resolution setting, the screen shrinks and it's like not using the full screen. but i think this thing needs to play just a bit more.

My Pc is IBM Lenovo A63, intel core 2 duo 2gb ram, 320gb HDD.
Window7-32bit.
after opening my desktop pc i found a number (intel nh82801gb) and now i want to find out if i can make a change with my graphic card.

So what do you think is simplier, safer to work?
1-Sound card with optical output to av receiver and video out with my Dv-HDMI cable to Hdtv? or
2-buy a new good Graphic card to connect my pc to my Av receiver from video and sound from the HDMI cable.

my questions for a Grapfic card are:
1) which Graphic card do you thing is the best?
2) how can i know what is better to use DDR3 or DDR2?
3)and what shall i used 512 Mb or 1GB?

and if i choose to change just my sound car?
which would suggest.

thank you
ps. i'm not a gamer but a movie fan.

so what do you think is simplier, safer to work?
1-Sound card with optical output to av receiver and video out with my Dv-HDMI cable to Hdtv? or
2-buy a new good Graphic card to connect my pc to my Av receiver from video and sound from the HDMI cable.
my questions for a Grapfic card are:
1) which Graphic card do you thing is the best?
2) how can i know what is better to use DDR3 or DDR2?
3)and what shall i used 512 Mb or 1GB?

Are you using two accounts?
I don't think you should make your decision on which is easier to install.
You should probably think about if you want better video or audio quality...if neither bother you, the easiest solution is to not do anything.

A video card will not improve sound quality. One with an HDMI conncector will simply pass through the sound already produced by the system. So to increase quality - if you really need to, then get a sound card - and they are relatively cheap.

If you want better video quality then get a video card. If you are connecting them to an AV receiver, then you don't necessarily need to connect them through HDMI first.

To answerr further - you need to provide more information about what you want to do with the computer and what resolution monitor you want to support. For help in upgrading a video card - or considering an upgrade - I recommend visiting this site:

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/index.html

and particularly these two pages:

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/criteria.html
http://www.upgradevideocards.com/nongaming.html

Regarding RAM, if you are still usiing XP AND not doing any gaming or video editing (just watching movies and surfing and office applications) you might be able to get by with 512 MB of memory - otherwise an upgrade to 1 GB would be good. As for DDR2 or DDR3, use whatever the mobo supports and match what you have now.

Back